Ant Control in El Paso County
Effective Ant Extermination Services in the Douglas County Region
Ants are some of the most common pests in the world, making their way into homes, schools, and businesses all around the country. While they may be small, they can cause big problems. If you have an ant infestation in your home, you need to act quickly to have them removed before they cause too much damage.
At Anderson Wildlife Solutions, we offer comprehensive ant control in El Paso County and the surrounding areas. We have the tools and experience to identify the source of your ant problem and work with you to come up with a plan to remove them and keep them from returning.
Give us a call at or contact us online to learn more about our El Paso County control services and to request an estimate.
How to Identify an Ant Infestation
Ants are social insects that live in large colonies, which makes them easier to spot than other pests. If you see a few ants in your home, there is a good chance that there are many more nearby.
Some of the most common signs of an ant infestation include:
- Visible ants: Seeing ants in your home is the most obvious sign of an infestation. You may see them moving in a line, or you may see them all over the place. The type of ant you see can help you determine the best way to treat the problem.
- Ant nests: Ants that live outside build nests, which are usually large mounds of dirt. If you see a nest in your yard, there is a good chance that there are more inside your home. Ants that live inside build nests in the walls, under the floors, and in other hidden places.
- Ant trails: Ants that live inside need to go outside to find food. They will usually find the shortest path from their nest to the food source and create a trail that makes it easy for them to find their way. If you see a line of ants in your home, they are likely following a trail. Following the trail can help you find the nest.
- Ant hills: Some types of ants, like fire ants, build large mounds in your yard. These ant hills can be dangerous because they can bite and sting. If you see an ant hill, it is important to have it removed as soon as possible.
How to Prevent Ants from Returning
Once you have had an ant infestation, you know how important it is to keep them from coming back.
Some ways to prevent ants from returning include:
- Keep your home clean: Ants are attracted to food. The best way to keep them from coming into your home is to keep it clean and free from crumbs and other food particles. Be sure to clean up any spills or messes as soon as they happen and regularly sweep and mop the floors.
- Store your food properly: Ants can get into your food, so it is important to store it properly. Keep your food in airtight containers and store it in the refrigerator or pantry. If you have a problem with ants in your pantry, you may need to throw out any open boxes or bags of food.
- Seal up your home: Ants can get into your home through the smallest cracks and crevices. Be sure to seal up any openings around your windows, doors, and foundation. You may also want to use weatherstripping and door sweeps to keep them from getting in.
- Keep your yard clean: Ants can also get into your home through your yard. Be sure to keep your yard clean and free from debris, and trim any trees or shrubs that are touching your house.
- Work with a professional: The best way to prevent ants from coming back is to work with a professional pest control company. They can help you identify the source of your ant problem and come up with a plan to remove them and keep them from returning.
Call Today to Request a Free Estimate
At Anderson Wildlife Solutions, we offer a variety of ant control options in El Paso County and the surrounding areas. Whether you have a few ants in your home or a full-blown infestation, we can help.
Give us a call at to request a free estimate.
He is very professional, works very quickly, and knows what he's doing. He not only got the pigeons out but also replaced the ineffective bird spikes with an exclusion mesh that's held up perfectly and did so in just a few hours.- Chris S.
Nick from Anderson Wildlife Solutions has taken care of our home out in the country for several years. The mice are leaving us alone ... and the most recent success story.- Judy M.
Nick and I talked by email and got everything set up. He came out today and repaired the holes and installed netting. He's professional and did great work. I would definitely call him again if I needed something.- Rob G.
His expertise and knowledge helped us to rid ourselves of some unwanted "guests" we had when we first moved in. These homes were built brand new and had some critters that wanted to stay once we moved in.- Erik G.
Nick was great at communicating the process to rid our property of squirrels! He gave us a great price and was able to complete the repairs quickly.
Nick, from Anderson Wildlife Solutions, stopped by on Tuesday to address a spider mite infestation. They were all over the yard where our kids play. Nick used an all-natural product to treat the whole yard and the perimeter of the house.- Sam H.
We had a raccoon problem recently. I called Anderson Wildlife Solutions and he took care of the rest. No more raccoons! Quick, effective, friendly, and knowledgeable.- Nick K.
Quick and professional service from a friendly fellow. Able to quickly and accurately diagnose and deal without carpenter ant issues. Reasonable rates and work done on time and professionally.- David B.